The joints, especially the knees, support most of any exercise or physical effort we do. To take care of the knees, and the other joints, it is advisable to stay at a healthy weight, perform movements regularly, take care of the posture both in movement and when we are sitting and always choose a comfortable and suitable footwear for the type of activity we are doing .
A dynamic life requires good joint care, with products such as Artiseid DINAMIKA-Woman, suitable and formulated specifically for the characteristics and needs of women.
That our knees are good is decisive for walking, running, pedaling, swimming, jumping, bending over and performing any type of movement. The knee has a complex structure, it is a large joint and it is involved in almost all the movements we perform throughout the day.
The knees are one of the parts of the body most prone to problems, either due to excessive exercise or lack of it, due to poorly performed training or wearing inappropriate footwear.
The National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIAMS), one of the most recognized international medical institutions in the study and treatment of joints, recommends basic guidelines for the care from the knees:
- warm up before playing sports.
- wear appropriate shoes that are in good condition.
- walking, climbing stairs or using the exercise bike.
- lift weights regularly but without overexertion.
- squats are an excellent exercise to strengthen your knees.
- swimming and cycling are also highly recommended because they are activities that avoid the impact suffered by the knees when the foot makes contact with the ground.
- always start routines lightly and gradually increase the strength or duration of activities.
- kneeling work should be done with two aspects in mind, strength and balance.