CUIDA TU MICROBIOTA Y SIÉNTETE MEJOR.
An article by María Real Capell.
In this post I will teach you how to enhance your microbiota so that it is competent and works for you and not against you.
The microbiota is the set of bacteria that colonize the skin, the digestive system and the genital system. The microbiota is practically considered an organ and can weigh up to 2kg. The functions of the microbiota are the following:
- Digestion of food.
- Regulation of metabolism.
- Immune system tuning.
- Production of natural antibodies.
- Protection from pathogenic bacteria that can cause disease.
- Vitamin production.
- Regulation of intestinal neurotransmitters, insulin and other peptides.
- Communication with the rest of the body through the Vagus Nerve.
Las alteraciones en la microbiota pueden generar desequilibrios.
And these imbalances can be the cause of diseases such as: diabetes, fibromyalgia, metabolic syndrome and a long etcetera. Alterations in the microbiota occur when one microorganism overgrows another. Imagine a field of sunflowers and daisies.
If I only water the daisies, the sunflowers will die and stop growing. This is a metaphor for what happens in our microbiota.
If, like many ultra-processed foods, I will be feeding the bad bacteria and they will grow a lot, they will grow so much that they will take the place of the good ones. The good bacteria are going to die because I’m not feeding them quality food.
Reduce los Firmicutes en tu microbiota.
Did you know that people who have a high amount of Firmicutesin their microbiota have a higher risk of obesity and diabetes? However, if we have a diet rich in fiber and low in fat, we will have a higher proportion of Bacteroidetesand consequently the Firmicuteswill decrease.
Many times modern life goes hand in hand with:
- Consumption of ultra-processed foods.
- Environmental pollution.
- Exposure to plastics and microplastics.
- Consumption of alcohol and other toxic substances.
- Consumption of sugar and sweeteners.
- Excess coffee.
- Consumption of sugary carbonated drinks.
- Food additives to extend the shelf life of food (this is good for the food industry but not for you)
- High calorie intake.
- Overexposure to heavy metals. The body has natural detoxifying functions like the liver and kidneys. But currently there are people who have a high level of heavy metals and need extra help to eliminate them since liver and kidney function is insufficient in cases of high exposure.
- Overweight and obesity.
- Constipation. Constipation is very harmful to the microbiota because it increases the colonic transit time of toxic substances.
All these listed issues of modern life can cause imbalances in the microbiota and harm our health.
All these combinations apart from inflaming us make us more tired, the skin looks duller, it costs us more exercise and leave the house, we have more laziness and a foggy mind, we feel like foods that are very sugary or salty, we are in a worse mood, we have joint inflammation or myalgia, etc.
¿Qué podríamos hacer para revertir estos efectos y mantener una microbiota equilibrada?
- Consume fresh seasonal and local fruits and vegetables. Consume local and seasonal fruits and vegetables, which in addition to being more sustainable, makes the fruits have more vitamins and minerals.
- Eat the rainbow! This phrase means that you have to combine different colors in the same dish to ensure the intake of different antioxidants. Combine the following colors on your plates:
- Red/purple fruits and vegetables: tomato, blueberries, blackberries, apple, plums, eggplant, red onion, strawberries, watermelon, grapes, red cabbage, beets, peppers, radishes, strawberries, etc.
- Orange/yellow fruits and vegetables: carrot, corn, pumpkin, orange, lemon, tangerines, mango, banana, peach, peppers, medlars, turnips, etc.
- Green fruits and vegetables: broccoli, arugula, lettuce, chard, zucchini, asparagus, kiwi, avocado, broccoli, romanesco, etc.
- White fruits and vegetables: leek, onion, potato, garlic, cauliflower, ginger, mushrooms, fennel, etc.
- Eat polyphenols as they reduce intestinal inflammation. Fruits such as grapes, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries and pomegranate are a very good source of polyphenols. Tomato and beet also provide polyphenols.
- Consume enough proteins daily because they are satiating and are a fundamental structural component in our body.
- Get enough sleep. Not getting enough sleep causes a change in the intestinal microbiota for the worse. On the contrary, getting enough sleep brings diversity to the microbiota.
- Consume at least one probiotic food daily. Today you have endless probiotics to choose from: Kombucha, Kefir, Natto,
- Incorporate resistant starch in your daily life. Resistant starch is the result after cooking the food and cooling it. It is ideal to do it with potatoes. Once they are cooked, they are left to temper at room temperature and when they are no longer hot, they are put in the fridge.
Un buen aliado para tu microbiota.
If you think you need a daily extra to help your bowel function, take SeidyColon® ToxDepur for 20 days to help eliminate organic toxins. You can take it on an empty stomach or before a meal. If you take any medication in the morning, it is better to take SeidyColon® ToxDepur before dinner and if you take any medication at night, it is better to take SeidyColon® ToxDepur in the morning on an empty stomach before breakfast.